Last Updated: Sept 22nd 2014 Changes effective Oct 6th 2014
Summary of Changes
- Update to hyperlinks to TRUSTe web pages for Cloud Program Requirement and complaint form.
- Update to the list of applications covered by the TRUSTe Cloud Program.
- Opt-out link for online behavioral advertising.
- Removal of information about Flash cookies, which Webtrends no longer uses.
- Addition of consent link for testimonials.
- Information on who to contact in regards to personal data Webtrends collects on behalf of its clients.
This privacy statement (“Statement”) explains how your personal information is collected, used, and disclosed by Webtrends Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (“Webtrends” or “We”). It applies to all business customers of our products and services and visitors to our websites, mobile sites, and mobile applications (“Sites”). This Statement does not apply to household consumers, visitors to Webtrends’ customers’ sites, and services, employees, or employment candidates. This Statement does not cover the practices of any third parties or their services, including any social networking platforms you choose to use to connect with Webtrends Sites or to business customers who use Webtrends services to collect information from their customers. For information about third party privacy practices, please consult their privacy policies.
Privacy Program & Regulatory Compliance
The TRUSTe program only covers information that is collected through this website, http://www.webtrends.com, and through our service platforms, http://ondemand.webtrends.com, http://analytics.webtrends.com,http://segments.webtrends.com, http://streams.webtrends.com and http://optimize.webtrends.com and does not cover information that may be collected through any software downloaded from this website, or through our mobile applications.
Webtrends complies with the U.S. – E.U. Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from the European Union. Information regarding the U.S. – E.U. Safe Harbor Framework can be found at: http://export.gov/safeharbor.
Information We Collect
Here are a few ways we collect your information and the types of information we collect. We may also obtain information from other sources. Information we collect may be in the form of personal information or anonymized data. Anonymized data may be in the form of aggregate data. Aggregate data is information we collect about a group or category of services or users from which individual user identities have been removed. In other words, no personal information is included in aggregate data. Aggregate data helps us understand trends in our users’ needs so that we can better consider new features or otherwise tailor our products and services. This Policy does not restrict or limit our collection and use of aggregate data.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
We collect personal information you give us. These are the general types of information we may collect from you:
Registration and Profile Information
When you register to use our services, to receive information, to participate in our events, and create or update your forum profile, we may collect various kinds of information about you. For example, we may collect your name, postal address, phone numbers, fax numbers and email address; your log-in ID and password; your title, company, and other profile information you provide; demographic information; and information linked with your profile such as comments you may post.
Submissions and Customer Service
From time to time we may use surveys, contests, or sweepstakes requesting personal information. Information we collect may include demographic information, information about your personal interests, and your feedback as a valued customer.
INFORMATION WE AUTOMATICALLY COLLECT
When you visit our Sites or use our services, some information such as your computer’s operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language, and the website you visited before our Site is logged automatically. We also collect information about your usage and activity on our Sites. We may tie your IP address to information we automatically collect on our Sites. We may also tie information we automatically collect with personal information, such as your login ID and information you give us at registration. We use our own products, and products of third parties acting on our behalf, to analyze, optimize, and improve our Sites. To opt-out of online behavioral advertising, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
Click here to find out more about the types of cookies Webtrends uses.
Data Collection Technologies
Webtrends uses various data collection technologies such as web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our Sites or in our emails. We use web beacons and similar technologies to deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. We also use these technologies to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
Information We Obtain from Other Sources
Webtrends may collect information about you from third party sources and services. We may buy or lease contact data, marketing and demographic data from brokers. Webtrends may also access certain profile information such as friends, profile picture etc. from social networking platforms and services that you use to interact with Webtrends Sites and services. We may combine that third party information with information we collect directly from you.
Use of Personal Information
We use personal information collected through our Sites in the ways we tell you in this Statement. For example, we may use your information to:
- operate and improve our Sites, products and services;
- process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- contact you to request feedback about your experience with our products and services or learn about your demographics, preferences and interests;
- provide and deliver our products and services you use;
- send you information related to our products and services you use, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- communicate with you about new contests, promotions and rewards, upcoming events and webinars, and other news about products and services offered by Webtrends and our selected partners;
- anonymize and aggregate personal information for different purposes. This could include things like market analysis, traffic flow analysis and reporting, and to deliver relevant advertising and information based on click stream data;
- customize or personalize your online experience, for example to pre-populate forms and display relevant content;
- customize or personalize advertising and communications to bring you relevant information about products and services that may interest you; and
- protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activity. We may also link, combine or supplement your personal information with other personal information we get from third parties such as a business directory. We do this to help understand your needs and provide you with better products and services. We may also use your personal information in other ways than as listed here, in which case, we will inform you.
Webtrends may store and process personal information in the United States, European Union Member States and other countries. Webtrends participates in the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Safe Harbor program and adheres to the Safe Harbor privacy principles regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from the European Union.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Information You Share
Our Services may provide forums that allow you to connect and share your profile, actions, comments, content, and information publicly and with others. We are not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these forums. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, follow the instructions in the section titled Your Information Choices and Changes below. We may also allow you to connect and share on third party sites and services. For example, we use a single sign-on service that allows you to sign into Webtrends forums using certain third-party social networking login credentials. This allows you to link your existing social network profile to your Webtrends account. Once connected, you will be able to share and post content on and with the third-party site from Webtrends and share and interact with your friends.
Please be mindful of your own privacy needs as you choose with which third party services to connect, with whom you connect, and what to share and make public. We cannot control the privacy or security of information you choose to make public or share with others. If you share information about others, we suggest you get consent for any information you may share about them.
Information We Share
We do not share your personal information with third parties other than as follows:
- in an aggregated form that does not directly identify you;
- with your consent, for example, when you agree to our sharing your information with other third parties for their own marketing purposes subject to their separate privacy policies;
- with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers such as email service providers, marketing service providers, blog service providers and forum service providers who are working on our behalf and need access to your information to carry out their work for us, these service providers are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us;
- when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
Security of your Personal Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to 3rd Party Sites
Social Media Widgets
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.Your Information Choices and Changes
You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails from Webtrends by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt-out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as emails about your accounts, product notices, user forum notices or our ongoing business relations. You may update your forum profile, by logging in and selecting “My Account”. You may unsubscribe to user forum notices by emailing email@example.com.
In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
We will retain your information collected for a commercially reasonable period of time for us to provide services to you and to use it as stated in this Statement. In addition, we will retain your information for as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. Removing or rejecting cookies could affect certain features or services of our Sites.
You may email firstname.lastname@example.org to:
- request changes to your contact preferences,
- request access and changes to your personal information. If you would like this information edited or deleted, we will respond to your request within 30 days,
- opt-out of our sharing your information with independent third parties.
Information We Collect On Behalf of Our Customers
Webtrends acts as a service provider for each of our customers, in that we provide our services for the benefit of the customer. Each of our customers uses Webtrends products and services to gather information about their own customers and visitors to their sites and digital properties (‘Customer Data’). Each customer instructs us as to what types of Customer Data it would like us to collect on its behalf. Webtrends retains Customer Data, including any personal data, we process on behalf of our customers in accordance with the Webtrends Data Retention Policy.
If you are customer of one of our Clients and would no longer like to be contacted by one of our Clients that use our service please contact the client that you interact with directly.
Webtrends has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes. An individual who seeks access, who seeks to correct, amend, delete inaccurate data or withdraw consent to further contact should direct his/her query to Webtrends’ client. IF the Client requests Webtrends to remove the data, we will respond to their request within 30 days.
We treat Customer Data as the property and confidential information of the applicable Webtrends customer. We reserve a limited right to disclose any collected data as required by law, a valid court order or other request from a governmental authority. Other than under such a limited right, we do not share information collected for one customer with our other customers or with any third party.
Webtrends follows our customers’ instructions on cookie placement. To control the placement of cookies set while visiting our customers’ web sites, please consult these customers’ privacy statement and cookie settings.
Changes to this Statement
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practice. If we decide to change our privacy statement, we will post those changes to this privacy statement, the home page, and other places we deem appropriate so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it.
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here, or by means of a notice on our home page prior to the change becoming effective. ENFORCEMENT If you have any questions about this Statement, or your request for information or opt-out has not been satisfactorily addressed; you should first contact us at
555 SW Oak Street, Suite 300
Portland Oregon 97204
Webtrends Inc. participates in the U.S. – E.U. Safe Harbor framework and the U.S. – Swiss Safe Harbor as set forth by the United States Department of Commerce. As part of our participation in the safe harbor, we have agreed to TRUSTe dispute resolution for disputes relating to our compliance with the Safe Harbor Privacy Framework. If you have any complaints regarding our compliance with the Safe Harbor you should first contact us (as provided above). If contacting us does not resolve your complaint, you may raise your complaint with TRUSTe by Internet here, fax to 415-520-3420, or mail to TRUSTe Safe Harbor Compliance Dept., click for mailing address. If you are faxing or mailing TRUSTe to lodge a complaint, you must include the following information: the name of company, the alleged privacy violation, your contact information, and whether you would like the particulars of your complaint shared with the company. For information about TRUSTe or the operation of TRUSTe’s dispute resolution process, click here or request this information from TRUSTe at any of the addresses listed above. The TRUSTe dispute resolution process shall be conducted in English. For human resources data we have agreed to cooperate with Data Protection Authorities.